Thursday, August 1, 2013

Big Easy: The Lower Wing (It's kind of mermaid-ish.)





So late a few nights ago two ladies came into my store to poke around. Their names were Kim and Eden and they were so excited to be picking up some new stuff. Kim had, literally, the most GORGEOUS blue eyes ever and whenever I'm helping clients I like to help them show off their best features. They had expressed that they don't normally go very bold with their make-up but wanted to try something new. My motto at work when I'm working with clients is, 'Go bold, or go home.' Unless they're looking for something for work.

Anyway, gold on blue eyes is perfect because it has such great contrast. On the color wheel, orange yellow is across from the type of blue Kim's eyes were (sort of an ice blue in the center but deeper as they faded out). I picked up Goldmine by Urban Decay and ran it half way down her lash line and to give her a pop of color (since she wanted to go bolder than the bronze we did originally) I ran Junkie through it. Because they were both UD pencils they blended together seamlessly and created this hot metallic green right in the center. Her eyes stood out so much in comparison to the gold and bronze we tried before, even her friend backed me up on it. Throughout our consultation I kept realizing how good the liners looked in conjunction with each other. So the next day I tried the look on myself, even though I have brown eyes instead of blue. I got so many compliments from my co-workers and clients and even afterwards a few people I saw outside of work told me it looked really cool (even boys~*).

So seriously, don't be afraid of going bold! It's a nice (sort of) subtle way to throw some color into your look without going crazy. It definitely looks more edgy and more striking without top liner, which I had originally done at work. However, I thought to film it after I had already done my make up for the day. If you don't want the color to be the focal point of your look then keep the top liner on to balance out the brightness.  I think that's the best thing about it is that you can tone this down or play it up how ever you want. You can even try different colors or eyeshadows! I think next I'm going to play with some purples. Let me know how it works out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment